Thursday 28 July 2011

Space Invaders


Awhile ago I painted some canvasses for an IT friend which were inspired by the old ‘Space Invaders’ arcade game, developed by Nishikado. This was an iconic game and one feature was the way the graphics speeded up as you shot down alien ships. This was apparently a glitch caused by the way the computer could render graphics more quickly when the number of ships on screen it had to calculate decreased. While researching the art piece I bumped into this trendy couch which I would love to have!


This Space Invader Couch is the work of designer Igor Chak, and is sadly not in production yet. The couch is all leather, with two glass surfaces. It’s also really soft as it’s mainly lined and made with memory foam.
I also found these funky chairs, although I’ve forgotten who made them. The colours are awesome but I feel like these are more like large sculptures since they don’t look as comfortable as Igor’s couch.





No comments:

Post a Comment